Need Hardinge spindle parameter.

Thread: Need Hardinge spindle parameter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Hardinge spindle parameter.

I posted this on the new Hardinge forum, but figured I would stand a better chance of getting an answer here.

I use a G65 macro call to set DOC, feedrates, etc. for my G71 canned rough turn cycle. The sub also sets the starting S-value. We purchased two T42 lathes at the same time. One with 16C collet, the other with 20C collet. The latter alarms unless I put a value in the starting S-code. Both have 18T controls. I think a FIX statement could be written to force the S-value to be a whole number...but why should I have to?

All the other Hardinge and Daewoo lathes will process this without an error. This includes the 21i and OT controlled machines. I talked to Hardinge Brothers, but they didn't know what parameter might be causing it. Haven't as yet contacted Fanuc to see if they could solve the problem. Figured I'd tap the extensive knowledge on this forum first.

My code looks like this: S[3.82*#119/#115] where #119=SFM & #115=stock size.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the sub also turn on the spindle with a G97M13 (or M03)? Your code looks fine to me.

You do remember that #100-#149 get set to zero upon shutdown/restart, yes?
    If not, then you'd get a Div by Zero error.

How do you set #119 and #115? By passing values thru #1-33?

Of course, never having seen an 18T....

Downloads
    Uploads

M13. Yes, G65 passes the variables thru #1-33. I know the code is good. It works on 13 other lathes. If no one puts a value in #115, it will alarm as I keep the program set at zero. A good thing. An automatic check.

Downloads
    Uploads

So what is the alarm? Details, please.
    Do you have a parameter book?

My 10TF has spindle related / canned cycle related parameters at parameter 6201

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, beege. Will look Monday.

Edit. Sorry for only partially answering your questions. Don't remember what the alarm was. Can find out easy enough. A 16-18-21 parameter manual came with each of the 3 Puma 200MS lathes we purchased in 2003. Even had a parameter manual in a desk drawer in my office. All have disappeared. Kind of upsetting.

Last edited by g-codeguy; 05-09-2008 at 09:36 PM.